Sunday, May 10, 2009

Greenhouse Construction Update No. 3

Here are a couple of pictures of the greenhouse (the picture above is the south side and the picture below is the north side). I finished the framing today, and I went to Home Resource and got some plywood sheathing and 15lb roofing felt. It is amazing the stuff you will find there. The nice thing is the plywood is reused and I only had to buy 25' of the roofing paper (as opposed to buying an entire 144' roll). So, in a few minites I'll sheath the north side of the roof and cover it with paper. Then I guess I can start putting in some windows- at least the ones on the south side of the roof. I have been really looking forward to installing the windows, and you can see one at the bottom left (north west corner), where I set one sash in place.

2 comments:

  1. That looks great! I can't wait to see the finished product. Very cool to use repurposed and recycled materials. That alone is the perfect excuse to build something. I may have to use that one around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather, your chicken coop is coming along great as well. A frined of mine in Idaho is redesigning his coop, too. I'll pass your webiste along to him.
    David

    ReplyDelete